Gwent’s Master Mirror expansion includes 70 new cards
CD Projekt Red has revealed Master Mirror, the fifth expansion for Gwent: The Witcher Card Game.
The upcoming expansion puts the focus on Master Mirror, otherwise known as Gaunter O’Dimm, and his role in key events. “From the Empire of Nilfgaard, to the Northern Realms, to the isles of Skellige and beyond, his influence knows no bounds,” the developer adds.
Master Mirror includes 70 new cards for players to use in their decks, including 11 neutral cards that can be used by all factions. A couple of examples include Master Mirror himself, which transforms the leftmost card in the player’s hand into a random legendary, and Tyrggui Tuirseach, which gives an enemy unit Rupture. A complete list of all revealed cards so far can be found here.
Joining these new cards are a set of new mechanics for players to deal with, including Devotion, Echo, Veteran, Conspiracy, Symbiosis, Veil, and Rupture. Descriptions of each are below:
- Devotion – Enhances a card’s ability if there are no neutral cards in the starting deck.
- Echo – Returns the card from the graveyard to the top of the deck at round start and gives it Doomed.
- Veteran – Increases the base power of the unit by one at the start of the second and third rounds.
- Conspiracy – Triggers the ability when targeting a Spying unit.
- Symbiosis – When a Nature card is played, a Wandering Treant is spawned in a random allied row with power equal to the number of Symbiosis units controlled.
- Veil – Shields the unit from both detrimental and beneficial statuses.
- Rupture – At the end of the turn, the afflicted unit is dealt damage equal to its power. The status is then removed.
Three Master Mirror preorder packs are available now. The Cursed Mirror Preorder Pack contains 10 Master Mirror Kegs and the Master Mirror evolving card back. While the Gaunter O’Dimm Preorder Pack includes 25 Premium Master Mirror Kegs and the Gaunter O’Dimm neutral leader skin. A combo pack combining both preorder packs is also available that throws in the unique “Immortal” title.
Master Mirror launches June 30th for PC, iOS, and Android.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.