Guile’s back in Street Fighter 6—and he’s got a beard
Today at Summer Game Fest, Capcom revealed the next roster addition to Street Fighter 6: the sonically boomin’ American hero himself, Guile.
…look, I know. We’ve seen 95% of the game’s roster at this point already thanks to leaks. But, you know, just pretend to be a bit surprised so Capcom can feel a little better, okay?
According to Capcom, here’s a rundown of his core moveset in SF6:
- Somersault Kick (Flash Kick) – The classic backflip kick
- Sonic Boom – Guile’s main projectile ability
- Sonic Blade – A stationary aerial slash
- Sonic Hurricane – A massive aerial slash that lands directly ahead or diagonally upwards
- Solid Puncher – Fires a flurry of small Sonic Boom projectiles
- Crossfire Somersault – A brand new Super Art that fires a massive aerial slash followed by a devastating Somersault Kick
Street Fighter 6 is coming to Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC next year.
Mollie got her start in games media via the crazy world of gaming fanzines, and now works at EGM with the goal of covering all of the weird Japanese and niche releases that nobody else on staff cares about. She’s active in the gaming community on a personal level, and an outspoken voice on topics such as equality in gaming, consumer rights, and good UI. Check her out on Twitter and Mastodon.