GTA Online is getting a paid subscription called GTA+
Rockstar has announced a new paid monthly subscription for GTA Online. Called GTA+, because everything is a plus now, the service is exclusive to the just launched Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 versions of the game.
As detailed on a Rockstar Newswire post, GTA+ will cost $5.99 a month, recurring until you cancel, and offer slightly different benefits each month you’re signed up. Every month you subscribe, however, you’ll get a deposit of GTA$500,000 into your bank account. It’s worth noting that’s a a $10 value (if you were to buy that denomination as a microtransaction, that is).
As for those other benefits, Rockstar promises “the opportunity to claim properties in and around Los Santos that unlock gameplay updates you may have missed out on, special vehicle upgrades, Member-only discounts, GTA$ and RP bonuses, and more each month.”
Here’s a specific rundown of what GTA+ will offer in its first month, which ends April 27th:
- GTA$500,000 delivered automatically to your Maze Bank Account.
- The Principe Deveste Eight — along with a complimentary Hao’s Special Works upgrade for it before it is made available to purchase by the general public — plus the HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch Liveries.
- The Auto Shop located in La Mesa, introduces an assortment of gameplay updates from Los Santos Tuners. Current Auto Shop owners can relocate to La Mesa at no additional cost.
- Waived LS Car Meet Membership fees. Current LS Car Meet members with GTA+ will be reimbursed GTA$50,000 during this event period.
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
- The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolaps Basketball Top and Shorts automatically added to your wardrobe.
- The Conveyor Livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC, and TM-02 Khanjali.
- A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop.
- 3X GTA$ and RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series.
- 2X Car Meet Rep on the Street Race Series.
And if you’re into spending money on GTA Online, there’s even more good news, because a new category of Shark Cards—that is, the microtransactions that let you turn real money into GTA money—that will be exclusive to GTA+ subscribers and offer a better exchange rate.
You’ll be able to sign up for GTA+ through the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S stores starting March 29th.