Ghost Recon Breakpoint’s immersive mode and Engineer class launching this month
Ubisoft has announced that Ghost Recon Breakpoint’s 2.0.0 update will be going live on March 24th, bringing with it the Ghost Experience, the Engineer Class, Episode 2, and more.
After booting up the game following the update, players will be able to choose between the Regular Experience, the Immersive Experience, and a Custom Experience. The Regular Experience is exactly how the game is currently, while the Immersive Experience removes the gear and level systems, limits resources, changes health regen to be only partial, reduces the visible HUD, and makes the social hub private.
In addition to these two preset options, players will be able to customize their experience from a variety of settings. A few available options include realistic looting, ammo loss on reload, stamina level, and bandage quantity. The full list can be found below:
- No Gear Level: Customize and keep the same weapon throughout your whole adventure. Quality tiers and item levels are disabled.
- Realistic Looting: Loot your enemies’ weapon category and switch them realistically. Gear is found from missions, rewards, and crates.
- Primary Weapon Quantity: Choose to carry 1 or 2 primary weapons. This was pre-released with TU 1.1.0, but will be fully realized with the Ghost Experience.
- Ammo Loss on Reload: Remaining ammunition is lost when you change magazines.
- Stamina Level: Adjust how much stamina you consume.
- Bandage Quantity: Limit the number of bandages your Ghost can carry.
- Risk of Injury: Choose the frequency of the injured status when wounded by enemy bullets.
- Health Regen: Choose to limit, remove or increase your health regeneration.
- New HUD Settings: Fine-tune your preferred HUD with new settings:
- Mini-Map Minimal: Smaller map with less information on it.
- Loot Notification Minimal: Smaller loot notification.
- 3D Loot Minimal: Smaller 3D loot drop.
- Private Mode: Encounter only story characters and your direct co-op teammates in Erewhon.
- Access to Maria’s Shop: Keep access to Maria’s Shop in bivouacs or limit it to Erewhon only.
The Ghost Experience will also breakdown difficulty into two sections: Enemies and Tactical. The enemy section impacts detection time, damage taken, and enemy tactics. Tactical focuses on the realism of the experience and changes main weapon slots, bandage quantity, risk of injury, and more.
Players will be able to switch between modes at any point by turning gear level on or off and players in Regular, Immersive, and Custom will be able to join the same group. As for Ghost War and the Project Titan Raid, gear level will be enabled in these activities and certain PvE settings will be overridden for the duration.
Joining the Ghost Experience on March 24th will be early access to the Engineer class for Year 1 Pass holders and Episode 2: Deep State. The Engineer class will do more damage to drones and has access to drones that will attack nearby enemies and deliver ammo to allies.
Other changes coming with update 2.0.0 include camera placement options, increased weapon parts, a sell-all option, respawn system improvements, and more. Read more about the upcoming update here.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.