Gears 5 anniversary event adds Golden Gun, offers Boost Double Stars
The Coalition has kicked off an anniversary event in Gears 5 to celebrate 13 years since the release of the original Gears of War.
During the event, players will be able to jump into the Golden Gun Versus mode. The mode gives everyone a Boltok with six rounds that will one-shot enemies, but limits them to only hip-firing. Hitting an enemy will give players a bullet back and skip the reload.
As well as this, until November 11th players can get Boost Double Stars in Tour, and all players who log in today, November 8th, will get 3 Days of Boost and the event-exclusive COG Tag Bloodspray.
The developer has also pushed a new update live for the game that makes it so Flashbangs no longer affect players through cover, improves the consistency of the Boomshot, and fixes a number of bugs. Read the patch notes below:
- Improved the consistency of the Boomshot with changes to the behavior of the secondary ‘bomblets’
- Flashbangs will no longer affect players through cover
- Full fix for the drop weapon exploit, including re-enabling weapon drops
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to be perma-flashed in a match
- Fixed a bug that could cause Enemies in Escape to sometimes be unaffected by Flashes
- Fixed a bug causing the Weapon’s Locker to eat weapons in certain circumstances
- Added a new check to prevent players using certain low covers to shoot through walls, ignoring muzzle block
- Resolved an issue causing the Gnasher to have bullet magnetism while ADS when Aim Assist is disabled
- If no users vote for a map in Quickplay, the next choice will now default to a different map on the same mode rather than the same map
- Fixed a bug that caused players to have to wait a couple of seconds before being able to reload when Hijacking a Boomshot Scion
- Power granted at the start of the Horde match is no longer applied as Power Gained in Tour
- Sarah Connor: Enemies can now be gibbed when in one-shot range using her Ultimate
- Fixed an issue that could cause enemy AI to teleport and ‘double vault’ if their vault is countered
- Fixed an issue that could cause Scions to have a fully black model after being killed in Escape
- Players can no longer share Power with AI teammates
- Total Enemies Killed stat for Campaign now tracks correctly
- Escape Leaderboards no longer show ‘Top 0%’
- Resolved a state where audio could be lost in Act 4 in 3 player co-op
- Additional miscellaneous bug fixes
Gears 5 is available now on Xbox One and PC.