Fortnite update adds the Battle Lab, new Save the World weapon
Fortnite players can now create their own game modes using the Battle Royale island thanks to the new Battle Lab feature.
According to the notes released by Epic, the Battle Lab lets players jump into their own version of the game’s island and create custom rules using LTM loot pools, Bot grenades, and settings such as gravity and fall damage.
After setting up their island, players can invite up to 15 friends to play on it or join with other players via public matchmaking. However, Epic notes that using public matchmaking will set the island to its default options.
Today’s update also disables the DirectX 12 beta, moves Playground to Creative, and fixes a couple of bugs. Read the full list of bug fixes below:
- Continued to make improvements regarding FPS drops and hitching on mobile devices.
- The Fire/Build button on mobile devices is no longer unavailable when the Glider Redeploy button is shown.
- Resolved an issue involving players being unable to exit the HUD Layout Tool on mobile devices.
- Resolved an issue involving being able to see the Edit option on enemy walls.
- The “Eliminations without aiming down sights” Dive! Challenge is now tracking progress properly.
- Resolved an issue involving the “Join Party” option through “Joinable Parties” not working on controller.
- The Item Shop countdown timer no longer appears out of sync for different players.
- Resolved stability issues.
While over in Save the World, players can unlock the Tree of Light weapon by completing the new Frostnite challenge and pick up the Pain Train from the Weekly Store. As well as this, the new Kurohamura hero is available to unlock by reaching level 50 in Epic’s free-to-play game Battle Breakers.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.