Fortnite Crew subscribers can begin unlocking a customizable pickaxe
Epic Games has announced that Fortnite Crew subscribers will be getting a new customizable pickaxe over the coming months.
The first stage of the Photonic Legacy Set, which is the Photonic Striker Pickaxe, will be immediately unlocked for all subscribers starting tomorrow, November 15th. Following this, a new stage of the set will unlock each month that players remained subscribed to Fortnite Crew.
A complete rundown of the six stages can be found below:
- Stage 1: Every active Fortnite Crew subscriber immediately unlocks the Photonic Striker Pickaxe.
- Stage 2: Receive the Advanced Style of the Photonic Striker Pickaxe.
- Stage 3: Receive the dual-wield Cyberlight Style of the Photonic Striker Pickaxe.
- Stage 4: Receive the dual-wield Tuned Style of the Photonic Striker Pickaxe.
- Stage 5: Receive the Complex Style of the Photonic Striker Pickaxe.
- Stage 6: Receive color options for the Photonic Striker Pickaxe (applicable to any Style): Laser Red, Radiant Blue, and Magnetic Green (in addition to the default Energy Orange).
The first stage will only be available to unlock until May 31st, 2023, but there is no time limit on the other stages once Stage One is unlocked.
“You will retain all unlocked Stages, and when you decide to purchase a new Crew Pack, you will continue your progression where you left off,” Epic Games stated in response to an FAQ question regarding pausing the Fortnite Crew subscription.
Fortnite is available now on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, PC, and mobile.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.