Fortnite Crew adds an evolving Back Bling and Pickaxe
Fortnite Crew subscribers are getting a new reward today, August 31st, Epic Games has revealed.
With the release of the 17.50 update, subscribers will be able to equip the Protocol Pack Back Bling, which is part of the Legacy Set. Each month that players are subscribed to Fortnite Crew they will unlock a new stage of the set for up to a total of six stages.
The second stage unlocks the Protocol Elite Style, while stage three adds the Protocol Overdrive Style and the Zen Axe Pickaxe. A full rundown of all six stages, courtesy of Epic, can be found below:
- Stage 1: Unlock the Protocol Pack Back Bling upon being subscribed or subscribing to Fortnite Crew. If you’re not subscribed when the v17.50 update releases, you’ll unlock it immediately when you do subscribe.
- Stage 2: The Back Bling evolves, adding the Protocol Elite Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 1.
- Stage 3: The Back Bling evolves again, adding the Protocol Overdrive Style. The Zen Axe Pickaxe emerges from the Back Bling. Both happen on the 14th of the month after Stage 2.
- Stage 4: The Pickaxe evolves, adding the Zen Striker Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 3.
- Stage 5: The Pickaxe evolves again, adding the Zen Ultra Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 4.
- Stage 6: The Pickaxe evolves once more, adding the Zen Assault Axe Style. This happens on the 14th of the month after Stage 5.
Players can customize all styles of the Protocol Pack Back Bling by choosing the main color, the color of its smoke effects, the Banner on display, and the Banner’s color.
Fortnite is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, and mobile.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.