Formula 2 2022 season now available in F1 22
F1 22 players can now experience the entirety of the Formula 2 2022 season.
As part of today’s update, the races, teams, and drivers from the 2022 Formula 2 season have been added to the game. Players can now take part in the full 14-round season, including sprint races, against Logan Sargeant, Jack Doohan, and champion Felipe Drugovich.
In addition, the livery of the McLaren has been updated to reflect the Future Mode livery used during the Japanese Grand Prix. The livery will be available for a month before changing back. After this, players can download and use the livery on their player car from December.
Completing this update is the third season of Podium Pass. Starting tomorrow, October 12th, players can work through 30 tiers to unlock several new cosmetic items. Read the full patch notes below:
- F2™ 2022 season update has been added
- McLaren ‘Future Mode’ livery now added in-game for a limited time
- Fixed a game crash on Steam Deck before reaching the main menu
- Parc Ferme rules aren’t applied to race after being in a qualifying session
- Fixed an issue where ERS increase/decrease buttons were not working in Qualifying sessions
- Fixed an issue where, under ‘Immersive’ Safety car, a player would be allowed to pass after briefly overtaking another driver illegally
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Unsafe pit release’ option in Multiplayer would force cars to slow incorrectly while leaving the pit lane
- Fixed an issue where cutting the final chicane at Japan doesn’t invalidate the next lap in Time Trial
- Fixed an issue in Time Trial where ‘this and next lap invalidated’ penalty allowed next lap to be registered on leaderboards without penalty flag
- Fixed an issue in Social Play where changing the setting in ‘Pit Stop Experience’ would only affect the session host
- Fixed an issue where Heusinkveld pedals have a 50% brake deadzone
- Fixed an issue where the wheel display on the Thrustmaster T248 was inactive
- Fixed an issue where setting radio verbosity to ‘Critical’ or ‘Response Only’ makes victory radio calls not play
- Fixed an issue where track surface can become very dark and flicker in spectate mode online following a DNF to player
- Various Minor Fixes
- General Stability Improvements
F1 22 is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.