FIFA 23 tuning update makes adjustments to penalties and referees
EA Sports has delivered the first live tuning update for FIFA 23 across all platforms.
As part of this update, penalties are now less accurate when the Composure Ring falls into the yellow or red. Additionally, referees are now less likely to call fouls for arm-related collisions and are more likely to award yellow cards for fouls committed by Hard Slide Tackles.
Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- Reduced the accuracy of Penalty Kicks taken when the Composure Ring is yellow or red.
- Increased Technical Dribbling animation speed for lower rated dribblers.
- This change specifically impacts players whose dribbling related Attributes are below 90.
- Adjusted referees to be less likely to call fouls for arm-related collisions.
- Adjusted referees to be more likely to award yellow cards for fouls committed by Hard Slide Tackles.
“Live Tuning enables us to roll out some changes without requiring a full Title Update,” the developer explains. “This can allow us to make tuning changes faster and with more frequency while working on the balance of the game.”
FIFA 23 is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.