FIFA 22 update fixes a couple of bugs
A new update has been released for FIFA 22 that makes a change to Ultimate Team and fixes a few bugs that are present in the game.
Following a server update, when players select the transfer market in Ultimate Team they will be shown recommended Player Items based on the most commonly used Player Items in FUT.
In addition to this change, bugs that prevented the Virtual Pro from showing up in the transfer deadline visuals in Career Mode and caused PC players to be disconnected from online matches when the window went out of focus have been fixed. Read the full patch notes below:
FIFA Ultimate Team
- When the Transfer Market is selected, the UI will display recommended Player Items based on the most commonly used Player Items in FUT.
- This functionality will only be available following a server update.
- In Player Career, the Virtual Pro did not show up in transfer deadline visuals when transferring clubs on deadline day.
General, Audio, and Visual
- [PC only] Players will no longer instantly disconnect from an online match if the game window goes out of focus.
– When the game window goes out of focus, the player is considered idle and a timer will count down, causing the player to automatically exit the match if it reaches zero.
- Updated some kits, 2D portraits, and ad boards.
Addressed the following issues:
- Some placeholder visual and UI elements could unintentionally display.
- A rare stability issue could occur when using customized squad files in Career Mode.
In other news, EA recently announced that it will be ending its partnership with FIFA in 2023. This means that this year’s FIFA 23 will be the last from EA Sports with the FIFA name. Starting next year, the title of the game will be EA Sports FC.
FIFA 22 is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.