Fall Guys is now free-to-play on PC and consoles
Fall Guys has officially made the switch to free-to-play on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
As part of the switch, several new rounds have been introduced, including a new final called Hex-A-Ring, the 1v1 Volleyfall, two new races, and more. A brief description of each new round, courtesy of developer Mediatonic, can be found below:
- Hex-A-Ring: You’ve heard of Hex-a-Gone, but have you ever tried jumping from tile to tile while the whole floor rotates? That definitely sounds challenging, but you look like you’re up for a challenge!
- Volleyfall: Volleyfall asks, who can knock the ball into the other side of the court without the other players hitting it back into yours? Whoever gets the ball to touch the floor of the other player, wins!
- Speed Circuit: Speed Circuit brings a new level of chaos and momentum to Fall Guys! Navigate through the obstacles in your way and run three laps around the circuit without being flung into the misty slime.
- Track Attack: This truly is a gauntlet to test your Fall Guys skills. With obstacles like speed arches, jump ropes and bouncy floors, you’re bound to learn a thing or two. For both experienced and new players, there are so many ways to get to the finish line in this iconic trial of speed and agility.
- Bounce Party: We all love bouncy castles, but what’s it like to traverse the Blunderdome on one? The new material used in Bounce Party makes the floor very bouncy. One jump and you’re going flying! The bouncy floor can be your friend, or your foe while you bounce through hoops to score points.
- The Swiveller: In this revolving Round, players spawn on a rotating ring and must jump over the oncoming jump ropes to avoid falling into the Slime! Get your jump timing wrong and you’ll be picking pink slime out of your ears for weeks!
- Blast Ball: Last but definitely not least, welcoming Blast Ball. Players spawn on a platform in the Fall Guys arena, with parts of that platform collapsing over time. Pick up Blast Balls and throw them to knock each other into the slime!
The developer also teased another “extra-special secret new Round” that will be made available later in the season.
Other changes include cross-platform play and progression support between all platforms, new Weekly and Marathon Challenges, new Crown Rank rewards, a new store layout, and an auto-grab and auto-climb option for ledges.
Finally, Season 1 introduces the first Season Pass for Fall Guys. The pass features 50 free tiers and 100 premium tiers, which are purchased through the new Show Bucks currency. Take a look at the full Season 1 patch notes here.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.