F1 2021 update fixes bugs, removes 3D audio on PS5
Codemasters has delivered a new update for F1 2021 that addresses a number of issues.
According to the patch notes, issues with the audio stuttering when using an official Xbox headset, Quick Practice causing excessive wear on components, the League Racer achievement/trophy not unlocking properly, and crashes related to Photo Mode have all been fixed. Additionally, car performance can now be changed after the creation of a league and mid-season driver negotiations have been removed from the first season of a Real Season Start career.
This update also disables 3D audio for headphones on PlayStation 5 due to audio issues. The feature will be re-enabled once these issues have been addressed.
Read the full patch notes below:
- Addressed an issue where there could be no force feedback on Thrustmaster wheels if task manager was open in the background in Windowed mode.
- Addressed an issue where force feedback would not be active on Thrustmaster wheels when launching from a desktop shortcut.
- Audio will no longer stutter when connecting an official Xbox headset into the controller.
- Quick Practice will no longer cause excessive wear to components.
- Addressed various issues with online session connectivity on Xbox.
- Addressed high GPU usage on loading screens during Braking Point.
- Ghosting is now set to on in Ranked sessions.
- “League Racer” achievement/trophy can now be correctly unlocked.
- MFD will now pop-up after receiving minor damage.
- UDP: LapHistoryDate will now be correctly sent for an active car after another has retired.
- Addressed a potential crash while using photo mode.
- Addressed a potential crash during broadcast sequences.
- Track surface will now appear correctly for player 2 in split-screen during a wet race.
- On-track VFX can no longer be seen by other drivers in F2™ one-shot qualifying.
- 3D Audio for headphones has temporarily been disabled on PS5. This will be re-enabled as soon as audio issues relating to it have been resolved.
- Car performance can now be changed after creation of a league.
- Mid-season driver negotiations have been removed from the first season of a Real Season Start career.
- Improved feedback given when haptic feedback is set to weak on PS5.
- Addressed an issue where the Emirian flag could be displayed on the podium instead of the Turkish Flag.
- Tyre wear can now be viewed on the MFD during the formation lap.
- Rebalanced chapters 1,3,5,9 and 12 on Normal difficulty in Braking Point.
- General stability improvements.
- Various minor fixes.
F1 2021 is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.