F1 2021 update adds Portimao, Aston Martin safety car, and more
Codemasters has delivered the first of three post-launch tracks for F1 2021 in the game’s latest update.
Following the release of update 1.10, players will be able to race around Portimao, the home of the Portuguese Grand Prix. Get a quick look at the Portimao circuit in-game in the trailer below:
Today’s update also introduces the new Aston Marin safety car to all tracks where it is used in the current season and makes performance adjustments to each car to bring them in-line with the real season. Other changes include Xbox multiplayer improvements, several crash and bug fixes, and overall stability improvements. Read the full patch notes below:
- Portimao has been added to the available tracks in all modes
- F1 2021 vehicle performance has been brought more in-line with the real season. All F1 Time Trial leaderboards have been reset as a result of this change.
- Aston Martin safety car has been added to tracks where it is used in the real season
- Fixed a crash when watching highlights or replays on Xbox Series consoles
- Various improvements to Xbox multiplayer connections
- Addressed an issue where the race could end after the first lap in two-player Career
- Addressed an issue where the MFD could pop up when tyre wear reached 20% increments
- Addressed an issue where users could not enter the pits with heavily worn engine components while using steering assist
- Race strategy practice programme is now locked to standard fuel mode to bring this in line with race regulations
- Addressed an issue when adjusting HDR peak nit, it would not show a change on the images
- Fixed a crash quitting to the front end after negotiating a contract in two-player Career
- Fixed a crash when viewing standings after retiring from a league
- Dazzle camo helmet now displays correctly
- Fixed a crash when renegotiating with their current team after a reboot in two-player Career
- Addressed an issue where ERS toggle input could not be recognised
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
Looking forward, Codemasters plans to bring the Imola circuit and updates to sports liveries in October, with the Jeddah circuit and the F2 2021 season following in November.
F1 2021 is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.