Escape Academy update introduces FOV slider
A new update is now available for escape room simulator Escape Academy which features a number of quality of life improvements.
According to the patch notes, developer Coin Crew Games has added a new FOV slider to the options, a toggle for split-screen in online multiplayer, and a hint confirmation button to avoid players accidentally asking for hints and damaging their score.
In addition to the above, maximum mouse sensitivity has been increased and the grading system has been adjusted “to be a bit more harsh.” Read the full patch notes below:
- Added the option to toggle split screen in online multiplayer.
- Added a FoV slider under settings / graphics.
- Added a hint confirmation – you now have to press the hint button twice.
- Added best grade information to the replay board. Note: this is not backwards compatible, players will have to replay a level to see the best grade.
- Fixed a bug where progress towards the Overachiever and Honor Roll achievements was not counted correctly.
- Fixed a bug in Lab Rat that showed incorrect hint text for the last puzzle.
- Fixed a bug in the Tea Kettle that made butterflies hard to see from certain angles.
- Fixed a bug in Tea ‘n’ Tea that made bouquets hard to see from certain angles.
- Fixed a bug in the dorm where the radio would highlight if the player hovered over the mirror.
- Fixed a bug in Escape Artist that made the “side to side” statue puzzle occasionally fail to unlock correctly.
- Fixed a bug in What Lies Below where some colorblind labels on the dance floor failed to display properly.
- Added missing colorblind labels to the pachinko cabinet in the Rival Room.
- Added missing colorblind labels to the balanced / imbalanced lights on the 3rd platform of the Rival Room.
- Added missing colorblind labels to the server room switches in Lab Rat.
- Other minor fixes.
- Increased maximum mouse sensitivity (25%).
- Online partner’s mouse cursor is now hidden.
- Changed the grading system to be a bit more harsh – we’re not grading on a curve anymore!
- Changed key difficulties ratings for some rooms, to better match their actual difficulty.
Escape Academy is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.