Epic making changes to Fortnite’s B.R.U.T.E., Save the World gets a new roadmap
Fortnite’s upcoming 10.10 update will make a couple of changes to the recently introduced B.R.U.T.E. mechs, but they are unlikely to make players happy.
In a recent blog post, Epic revealed that it will be adding a targeting laser and directional audio to the B.R.U.T.E. to show the direction that its rockets are being fired in. In addition, the developer will be fixing a few bugs that allowed players to exploit the mech’s boost mechanic.
“The B.R.U.T.E. remains within the core game modes (Solo, Duos, and Squads), select Limited Time Modes, and in competitive Arena and Tournament play,” Epic added. “We’ll communicate any future iterations to the vehicle as we’re continuing to investigate a few more areas where we can improve combat interactions.”
The developer also shared its upcoming plans for Save the World with a new roadmap. A few highlights include the introduction of an SMG weapon class, a new Rad Hero, a new Llama with new heroes and weapons, and a new trap. Take a look at the full roadmap below:
10.10 (Week of 8/14)
- Thunder Thora Returns!
- Bringing the thunder to the ground!
- Penny takes over the Van!
- Join Penny as she Hits the Road as this weeks van driver.
- SMG Weapon Type
- We are adding a new weapon subclass: SMG’s. SMGs will become their own weapon type rather than sharing the assault rifles or pistol weapon type and will introduce more flexibility in gameplay as SMGs will work with a mixture of existing assault rifle and pistol Hero Perks.
- For Heroes that have assault rifle / pistol perks that were NOT changed to work with SMGs, resets will be available in case players invested for a specific combination of Hero Loadout and Weapons.
- Weapons that changed weapon type (becoming SMGs) will also have free resets in case players want to use a different weapon with their Hero loadout instead of adjusting their Hero loadouts.
- All Defenders who could use assault rifles or pistols before can now use SMGs as well. Defender perks that boosted assault rifle or pistol damage will now also boost SMG damage.
10.10 Content Update (Week of 8/21)
- V6 (Rat Rod) Rocket Launcher
- Rev up with the V6 Rocket Launcher, offering high damage and fire rate, this baby smokes the competition!
- Cloaked Star hops in the driver’s seat!
- Following along with Cloaked Star as he pilots the van this week.
10.20 (Week of 8/28)
- Carbide returns!
- Remember me?
- New Narrative Questline
- New Rad Hero
- Complete the new narrative Questline to earn the raddest Hero of them all!
- New Trap!
- You can dance if you want to… you can leave those Husks behind.
- New Llama
- What better to compliment the Rad Hero other than a new….. Rad Llama! Exchange 500 Hit the Road tickets and get your rock on with 4 new Rad Heroes and 5 Boombox Weapons.
- Round 2 for Quinn!
- Quinn takes the van over for part 2 of her adventure.
Finally, Epic revealed that it will be adjusting mission alerts and increasing the rewards in the upper half of Twine Peaks in next week’s update.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.