Dreamlight Valley update adds toggle for in-game screen shake effects
Gameloft has released a new update for Disney Dreamlight Valley that adds a new option and fixes several issues introduced with October’s big update.
Following the update, players can find a new toggle in the options for the game’s screen-shake effects. When used, players can turn off the screen shake when catching a fish, using the fishing action, mining, and digging. Additionally, the exhaustion effect has been removed and players can turn off flash effects.
The update also fixes bugs relating to villagers not accepting meals, Scar’s Volcano Stove, the Collection menu, and more. Read the full patch notes below:
Improvements and Optimizations
- Improved performance and stability on Xbox.
- Added Seizure Warning during the game’s boot sequence.
- Added toggle in Settings menu to remove in-game flash effects.
- Added toggle in Settings menu to remove in-game screen shake effects.
- Removed exhaustion effect.
- Improved clarity of Sunlit Plateau story quest objective description involving root beer.
- Fixed quest blocker for Mother Gothel’s “Restoring The Sunstone” quest. We acknowledge that the previous fix did not resolve the issue for all players, so we are continuing to closely monitor this fix to see its impact on the community.
- Fixed an issue preventing villagers from accepting meals in Chez Remy.
- Fixed the castle motif on the Disney Castle t-shirt.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from picking up some items at the base of palm trees on Dazzle Beach.
- Fixed the Toy Story-themed Fancy Table to allow objects placed on it to be picked up.
- Moved a lamp in Mickey’s house to prevent objects from getting stuck behind it.
- Scar’s Friendship quest and gifting will now only become available after completing the Sunlit Plateau story quest.
- Halloween rewards acquired from Dreamlight Duties can now be properly bought again from Scrooge’s Delivery.
- Pressing “B” (Circle) now properly skips dialog boxes.
- The “Trick or Treat” Dreamlight Duty now properly requires gifting candies to characters.
- The Webbed Tree in the Villains Star Path can now be found under the Foliage category in the Wardrobe menu.
- Various online service improvements.
- Scar’s Volcano Stove now requires coal to cook with.
- Scar’s Volcano Stove can now be selected after being placed in the world.
- The Collection menu will now update itself properly after collecting items.
- Swapped the item color of Moana’s level 10 Friendship item to its intended color scheme.
Disney Dreamlight Valley is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.