Cyberpunk 2077 hotfix includes more bug fixes
A new hotfix has been released for Cyberpunk 2077 on all platforms that “addresses the most frequently reported issues since the last patch,” according to developer CD Projekt Red.
Following today’s hotfix, Johnny should no longer appear glitchy after buying the Nomad car, the elevator should work in Gig: Until Death Do Us Part, and players should now be able to open their phone in the apartment during New Dawn Fades. Additionally, issues with NPC clothes clipping, Takemura getting stuck, and not being able to use weapons or consumables in Riders on the Storm have been fixed.
There are also memory management improvements for PlayStation 5, GPU and ESRAM optimizations for Xbox One, and improvements to GPU performance for skinning and cloth rendering. Read the full patch notes below:
Quests & Open World
- The Metro: Memorial Park dataterm should now properly count towards the Frequent Flyer achievement.
- Fixed glitches in Johnny’s appearance occurring after buying the Nomad car from Lana.
- Fixed an issue in Gig: Until Death Do Us Part where it was not possible to use the elevator.
- Fixed an issue in Epistrophy where the player could get trapped in the garage if they didn’t follow the drone and ran into the control room instead.
- Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 1.21, where Takemura could get stuck in Japantown Docks in Down on the Street – for players who already experienced it before update 1.21 and continued playing until 1.22, Takemura will now teleport to Wakako’s parlor.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from opening the phone in the apartment at the beginning of New Dawn Fades.
- Fixed an issue where the player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after interacting with a maintenance panel in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs’ clothes.
- Fixed an issue where subtitles were not properly aligned in the Arabic language version.
Stability and performance
- Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes), and other optimizations.
- Improved GPU performance of skinning and cloth rendering.
- GPU and ESRAM optimizations and improvements on Xbox One.
- Memory management improvements on PlayStation 5.
- It’s no longer possible to get soft locked in the key bindings menu if a keyboard is not available
Cyberpunk 2077 is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Stadia. The game is also playable through backward compatibility on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.