CTR Nitro-Fueled update adjusts items, improves loading times
Activision has shared details about a new update for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled that improves loading times, adjusts item balance, and more.
The update improves loading times on all platforms, with further improvement on Nintendo Switch thanks to the utilization of the console’s Boost Mode. In addition, the global cooldown for powerups has been adjusted to prevent clock and warp orb spam, which will be a welcome change for players.
Other changes in the update include stability fixes, adjustments to track selection frequency online, various lap exploit fixes, and a fix for online lobbies not repopulating after a player quits. Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- Loading time improvements on all platforms
- Stability fixes when playing online
- Adjustment to track selection frequency when choosing tracks in online matchmaking lobbies
- Fix for various track lap exploits
- Adjustment of global cooldown for power-ups on all players (prevent timeclock/warp orb spamming)
- Fix to lobbies not repopulating properly after player quits
- Fix to position shuffling and rewards at race end
- Various other issues
Nintendo Switch Specific
- Improvements to loading times using Boost Mode
The patch appears to already be live on PlayStation 4 and should be arriving on Xbox One shortly. Nintendo Switch players will have to wait until later this week for the update.
Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.