Call of Duty: Warzone update fixes map exploits
Raven Software has pushed a new update live for Call of Duty: Warzone that should put a stop to players burrowing under the map.
For anyone out of the loop, since the launch of the new Warzone map, players have discovered ways to get underneath it in several different areas allowing them to easily eliminate opponents. However, this should no longer be an issue with today’s update.
In addition to fixing the map exploits, today’s update fixes a couple of bugs with the Hunt for Adler event, restores the reload audio for the R1 Shadowhunter Crossbow, and reduces the size of the first and second circles in Verdansk Resurgence. Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- The sizes of the first and second circles have been reduced for Verdansk Resurgence.
- End-of-game open mic has been turned off for modes with infinite respawn mechanics. This was intended to take effect with the release of Season Three last week.
- “Hunt for Adler” Limited-Time Event
- Fixed a bug with Challenge completion not tracking as intended.
- Fixed a bug causing Intel to spawn outside of the playable map.
- Fixed several map locations in Verdansk that allowed players to reach out-of-bounds areas.
- Fixed a bug that would cause gas mask overlays to remain on screen indefinitely if a player exited the gas as their gas mask was fully depleted.
- Fixed a bug where the epic loot M82 Semi-Auto Sniper was incorrectly labeled as thermal.
- Fixed a bug where the Modern Warfare “Razorwire” Submachine Gun Charlie blueprint could appear in loot caches.
- The R1 Shadowhunter Crossbow has had its reload audio restored.
- Fixed a bug that disallowed players from exiting the plane in Battle Royale Practice mode.
- The explosion in Verdansk’s vista no longer dances around when viewed from different angles.
Raven Software also offered a sneak peek at some changes that it is working on for a future update. These include changes to ADS Firing Speed for Cold War attachments and balance adjustments for the CR-56 AMAX, FARA 83, and Bullfrog.
Call of Duty: Warzone is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.