Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War update removes RC-XD from League Play
Following on from the restrictions added to League Play last week, Treyarch has made more adjustments to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s ranked mode.
According to the patch notes, players can no longer use the RC-XD Scorestreak while in League Play and a “Results Processing” display has been added. Additionally, adjustments have been made to Friendly Fire in League Play to make it so players will now receive ricochet damage after the second teamkill and will be automatically kicked after two more teamkill attempts.
This update also stops players from capturing the Hardpoint form outside the zone on Express and prevents players from standing on the crafting table in Zombies. Read the full patch notes below:
- Addressed an issue with the League Play button showing up in Combat Record in the Barracks.
- Addressed an issue where all non-Master Calling Cards were displaying negative values in the Challenges menus.
- Addressed an issue where it was possible to capture a Hardpoint outside of a zone in Express Hardpoint.
- RC-XD is now restricted.
- Friendly fire will now convert to ricochet damage after the 2nd teamkill and return damage to the attacker. Players will be kicked after 2 additional attempted teamkills after that.
- Added “Results Processing” display.
- Improved visuals on “Processing Ladder Result” display.
- Addressed an issue that could incorrectly display details from the previous League Play Event.
- Addressed an issue where the player was unable to scroll up and down the League Ladder.
- Addressed an issue that could cause a player to be teleported out of the map when other players interacted with the teleporter in the Village area.
- Closed an exploit allowing the player to stand on the Crafting Table.
- Addressed an issue where the upgrade icon was grayed out when the player had enough to upgrade at the Arsenal.
- Added “Seasons” icon for “Firebase Z” Challenges in the Challenges menu.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is available now on Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.