Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War update adds Prestige Icons, buffs Wonder Weapons
Treyarch has delivered a new update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
Following its installation, players who have reached Master Prestige for Season 6 will be able to add some new Prestige Icons from previous Call of Duty titles to their collection. The new icons include Prestige 13-15 from Call of Duty: Black Ops and Prestige 13-14 and Grand Master Prestige from Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
The developer has also made some adjustments to Wonder Weapons in Zombies. The D.I.E has received a melee damage increase and a change to make it regain a percentage of max ammo when absorbing enemies, instead of a fixed amount. While the RAI K-84 has had its explosion damage increased by 100 percent. Read the full patch notes below:
- Added Prestige Icons for Prestige 13-15 from Black Ops.
- Added Prestige Icons for Prestige 13-14 and Grand Master Prestige from Advanced Warfare.
- Addressed an issue related to Grav attachment unlock levels.
- Main Quest
- Crystals will now respawn during the escort section of the Main Quest to prevent a possible progression break.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause the dragon to freeze during the Der Eisendrache pinball minigame.
- Enabled “Forsaken” in Local play.
- Base Versions
- D.I.E. now receives a percentage of its max ammo capacity when an enemy is absorbed, as opposed to a fixed amount. This makes higher ammo capacity versions more viable, such as the D.I.E. Electrobolt.
- D.I.E. melee damage increased from 145 to 160.
- D.I.E. Electrobolt
- D.I.E. Electrobolt increases movement speed while firing from 75% to 100% of base.
- D.I.E. Electrobolt now consumes more ammo for level 2 and 3 energy beams (increases the longer the trigger is held).
- Pack-a-Punched Version (D.E.A.D.)
- D.E.A.D. vacuums up to 3 enemies at a time at slightly increased damage (as a percentage of the enemy’s max health).
- D.E.A.D. Glacialator increases movement speed while firing to 90% of base (vs. 75% for the Cryo-Emitter).
- D.E.A.D. Joltsurge increases movement speed while firing to 125% of base (vs. 100% from the Electrobolt).
- Base Versions
- RAI K-84
- Vortex explosion damage increased by 100%.
- Addressed an issue that sometimes caused incorrect zombie pathing in the Main Street space.
- Added stability fixes related to the Abomination.
- Addressed an issue that allowed the Abomination to push players out of the playable area.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Abomination beam attack sound to be heard after the attack ended.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause Tempests to follow players into the Observation Tower space.
- PhD Slider
- Addressed an issue that could cause the player to take explosive damage when fully cooking a grenade with PhD Slider Tier III or higher equipped.
- Plaguehounds have been capped to 15 per Surge. Chance to spawn has been lowered from 10% to 5%.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is available now on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.