Boyfriend Dungeon adds a new dungeon and three new weapons
Kitfox Games has released a big update for Boyfriend Dungeon that introduces three new romanceable weapons.
Following the update, players can meet and date Jonah the Axe, Leah the Hammer, and Dr. Holmes the Whip. In addition to these weapons, a new dungeon has been introduced that features Dr. Holmes as its final boss.
This new content is available to both new players and those who have completed the main campaign. New players will receive a text message midway through the nightclub dungeon that unlocks the content, while older players must visit any dungeon or date, and then return to the apartment to receive the text.
Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- Midway through the nightclub dungeon (“La Rosa”), you will receive a text message. Responding to this message can lead you to new characters, weapons, a dungeon, dates, recipes, and more.
- To experience this content in an old save file, visit any dungeon or date, and then return to the apartment. You should receive the text message above, from someone named ‘S’.
- While exploring Verona Beach (the map “hub” screen), you may find 15 new “encounters” between weapons you’ve befriended.
- After receiving a birthday gift from a weapon, you will now see the gift appear in your apartment.
- Seven new achievements related to the new content have been added.
- This new content is equally compatible with old save files, or with newly started games.
- When you die in the dungeon, your weapon will now comment, including voice acting.
- When you start a dungeon run, your weapon’s comment voice acting audio will now follow you, as intended.
- All of Isaac/Estoc’s comments when starting a new dungeon run now have voice acting.
- Various typos and mistakes were fixed in the date text.
- To account for the new content, the latter half of the nightclub dungeon (“La Rosa”) may have changed slightly.
- The game’s credits now include any new staff members and/or updated titles.
- Old “collect them all” achievement requirements have been updated to reflect the new content.
Boyfriend Dungeon is available now on Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.