Borderlands 3 update improves matchmaking, nerfs Maliwan Deathspheres
Gearbox Software has pushed a new hotfix live for Borderlands 3 that makes adjustments to matchmaking and fixes a couple of bugs.
The hotfix includes “some changes to the backend to improve the matchmaking experience in Borderlands 3,” according to the developer. There’s also a change for Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite matchmaking that makes it so players won’t be transitioned until a full party of four players has been found.
“The Takedown matchmaking service now won’t transition players into the Takedown until a full party of four players have been found,” the developer wrote. “We believe players would prefer matchmaking take a little longer in order to enter the Takedown with a full party. We’ll be monitoring this change and will adjust as necessary.”
In addition to the above, Maliwan Deathspheres have had their shields and armor reduced to balance out the recent change made to their movement. Read the full patch notes below:
- Decreased the shields and armor on Maliwan Deathspheres in the Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite
- Addressed a reported concern that Terror was sometimes not dropping his loot when re-running Agonizer 9000
- Addressed a reported concern where loot could sometimes fall through the floor surrounding the Agonizer 9000
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker where enemies would sometimes not spawn immediately for the objective “Kill Traitors” in the mission “Porta Prison”
- Addressed a reported concern that Zane’s “Trick of the Light” skill was sometimes reporting lower bonus damage values in its description than what it was awarding
- Addressed a reported concern that Moze’s “Desperate Measures” skill sometimes wasn’t awarding the damage bonus to Iron Bear’s Right Gun
Finally, Gearbox announced that it will be holding a Takedown New Year’s event. During the event, which runs from December 31st through January 16th, Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite will be balanced to the number of players in the party to help get players into the content quicker.