Borderlands 3 now supports cross-platform play on PlayStation
Gearbox Software has delivered the previously promised cross-platform update for Borderlands 3.
After installing the update, players on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 will finally be able to join in the cross-platform multiplayer fun with Xbox and PC players. The developer has also added official support for Variable Refresh Rate on PlayStation 5.
In addition to the above, Gearbox has fixed an issue with Director’s Cut behind-the-scenes videos not playing and made various improvements to performance and stability. Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- Added support for PlayStation Crossplay with other platforms on PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5
- [PlayStation® Only] Added support for Variable Refresh Rate for PlayStation®5
- [PlayStation® Only] Fixed a reported issue with Director’s Cut Behind-the-Scenes videos not playing correctly
- Various crossplay fixes
- Fixed a reported issue with the ECHO menu map not showing correctly on ultrawide screens
- Various performance and stability improvements
Borderlands 3 is available now on PlayStation, Xbox, PC, and Stadia.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.