Borderlands 3 hotfix adjusts drop rates in Mayhem Mode
A new hotfix has been released for Borderlands 3 by Gearbox that makes further adjustments to Mayhem 2.0.
Following on from the removal of two resource-intensive Mayhem Modifiers that were causing issues, the developer has adjusted the drop rate of Legendary and Anointed gear.
“We are continuing to focus our efforts on addressing your concerns. Today’s adjustments to drop rates and Anointment rates are another step toward incorporating community feedback,” the developer said.
The hotfix also lowers the O.P.Q System’s secondary rate of fire to prevent stability issues caused by Moze spawning an excessive number of drones. Other fixes include a progression blocker in “Protect the Nibblenomicon,” players getting stuck in “The Shadow of Cursehaven,” and Badass enemies dropping common and rare items in Guns, Love, and Tentacles.
Finally, the currently ongoing Loot the Universe event has been moved to Promethea until May 7th. During this time, the chance of legendary loot dropping is increased in each zone.
Take a look at the full patch notes below:
- Adjusted the drop rate for Legendary items in Mayhem Mode
- Adjusted the drop rates for Anointed gear in Mayhem Mode
- Activated the Loot the Universe event on Promethea
- Lowered the O.P.Q System’s secondary rate of fire to prevent stability concerns due to the Gunner’s ability to spawn an excessive number of drones
- Addressed a reported concern that Badass Enemies in the Guns, Love, and Tentacles DLC were sometimes only dropping common and rare items
- Addressed a reported progression blocker that could sometimes occur when enemies would fail to spawn during “Protect the Nibblenomicon”
- Addressed a reported concern that The Amourettes would stand up and float when being defeated with the “Dominate” status effect during “The Horror in the Woods”
- Addressed a reported stuck spot behind the wooden wall during the “The Shadow of Cursehaven”
- Addressed a reported stuck spot on the pipes during “The Nibblenomicon”
- Addressed a reported stuck spot on the right of the Amourette camp wall during “The Horror in the Woods”
- Reduced the time between Moxxtails donations on the ECHOcast from 60 seconds to 30 seconds
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.