Blizzard testing nerfs for Overwatch’s Reaper, Orisa, and Baptiste
Blizzard has pushed a new update live to Overwatch’s PC-only PTR that makes adjustments to several heroes.
As part of this update, the healing amount from Reaper’s passive has been reduced by 10 percent, the damage of Orisa’s Fusion Driver has been reduced, and the cooldown of Fortify has been increased to 10 seconds. In addition, the duration of Orisa’s Halt! snare has been reduced to 10 seconds and the heal explosion from Baptiste Biotic Launcher has been reduced to 50 from 60.
Sigma has also undergone several balance changes in this update with a reduction in the range of his Hyperspheres, a reduction in the explosion damage of Accretion, and the added ability to interrupt Gravitic Flux before targets begin falling.
It’s not all nerfs though, as McCree has received an increase in base health to 250 and removal of aim lock when using Deadeye. Read the full patch notes below:
- Damage reduced from 70 to 60
- Base health increased from 200 to 250
Peacekeeper (Primary Fire)
- Recovery time increased from 0.42 to 0.5 seconds
- Firing Deadeye no longer locks the player’s aim
The Reaping (Passive)
- Healing amount reduced from 40% to 30% of damage dealt
Fusion Driver (Primary Fire)
- Damage reduced from 11 to 9
- Cooldown increased from 8 to 10 seconds
- Snare duration reduced from 1 to 0.65 seconds
Hyperspheres (Primary Fire)
- Range reduced from 22 to 20 meters
- Can now be interrupted before targets begin falling
- Impact slow duration reduced from 0.9 to 0.6 seconds
- Explosion damage reduced from 60 to 40
Biotic Launcher (Primary Fire)
- Recovery time increased from 0.36 to 0.45 sec
Biotic Launcher (Secondary Fire)
- Heal explosion reduced from 60 to 50
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.