Black Desert’s open beta is now live on PlayStation 4
The open beta for Black Desert is now live on PlayStation 4 until August 13th.
During the beta, players will be able to try out six of the game’s classes up to level 50 and explore the Balenos, Serendia, and Calpheon regions. There will also be a number of in-game events running during the beta that will reward exclusive items at launch. A quick rundown of the available events (via PlayStation Blog) can be found below:
- Decorate your residence and share screenshots on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram or via our official forums to win ornaments for your home at launch.
- Test your fishing skills and reel in the ‘Fish Bones’ item for various rewards at launch.
- Learn to tame a wild horse and win a new horse outfit for use during the beta.
- Play Hide-n-Seek with Pearl Abyss GMs – finding them gets you a chance to win awards at launch.
- Compete to become the fastest cart racer in the entire beta, with the fastest participant winning rewards at launch.
- Participate in a battle of the GMs at the Red Battlefield in a 2v2 match and intense PvP action.
The beta will come to a close on August 13th with a fireworks show. In addition, all players who take part in the open beta will be gifted the Sky Hawk pet at launch, which loots items, increases knowledge gain chance, and increases the chance to find rare monsters.
Black Desert is available now on Xbox One and PC, with a PlayStation 4 release scheduled for August 22nd.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.