Battlefield 2042 patch brings new scoreboard, aim assist fixes tomorrow
Battlefield 2042‘s long-awaited Update 3.3 is finally launching tomorrow, but don’t expect much beyond an updated scoreboard and fixes to aim assist.
A new blog post from DICE includes patch notes for Update 3.3, as well as a preview of the updated scoreboard, which now includes both kills and deaths per player per team.
As far as the rest of the patch is concerned, it’s pretty barebones. One of the main fixes is that DICE has “adjusted aim assist on console to ensure that the system is in effect when analog sticks are at 100 percent of their range. Previously, it was only active at ranges below 100 percent.” Hopefully, this will fix the main issue with aim assist, which is that it seemingly made it harder to actually keep your aim on the enemy, but we’ll have to test the patch tomorrow to see.
And that’s it as far as major changes are concerned. There are no notes on weapon balance changes or vehicle balance changes, and the only new content in the patch is the Steadfast Exclusive Legendary Bundle—cosmetics that DICE promised to those who purchased the Gold and Ultimate Editions of the game following Season 1’s delay into early summer.
Following last week’s reveal that DICE is reworking Battlefield 2042‘s existing maps (and possibly removing 128-player Breakthrough), it’s unclear exactly what other changes will come to the game between now and early summer, if any. Previous statements have indicated that problem areas include the lack of voice communication, the game’s current reward loop, and the lack of squad play.
You can read the rest of Update 3.3’s patch notes below:
- Fixed a game crash that could occur on Origin or Xbox One when signing in/out while using an Xbox One controller
- Setting “Chat” Key Bindings no longer requires a game restart to take effect
- Adjusted Aim Assist on console to ensure that the system is in effect when analogue sticks are at 100% of their range. Previously it was only active at ranges below 100%
- Fixed a bug where takedowns would not result in a kill on Xbox One and PlayStation®4
- Established new location for our EU Data Centre as Frankfurt
- Conquest & Breakthrough – fixed a bug where the Securing Objective XP-event was triggered even after a Capture Point was already fully captured
- Hazard Zone – fixed a visual bug displaying squad mates during the match found sequence
- Hazard Zone – fixed a bug where the End of Round XP gains sometimes didn’t trigger
Michael Goroff has written and edited for EGM since 2017. You can follow him on Twitter @gogogoroff.