Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update adds new River Raids mode and more
The latest title update for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is now live, bringing new content to all players free of charge. While the banner addition is the River Raids game mode, there’s a host of other additions, as well.
Ubisoft touts River Raids as a “highly replayable mode that will take you to unexplored regions of England” and allow you to earn “new loot, rewards, and challenges.” Basically, as you might expect from the name, you get on the river with your Jomsviking crew, and you raid settlements. Pretty standard Viking stuff, really.
In addition to the new mode, today’s update brings three additional abilities and five additional skills you can use to refine your version of Eivor. Here’s the official rundown from Ubisoft:
- Berserker Trap: This attaches a trap to your arrow, spreading hallucinatory powder. Any nearby movement causes the trap to trigger. Surprise clueless passersby!
- Battle Cry: In a fit of rage, Eivor lets out a blood curdling scream, gaining strength and causing nearby enemies to stumble backwards in fear, interrupting their attacks.
- Shoulder Bash: Eivor performs a shoulder bash that pushes back enemies and destroys objects.
- Assassin Carry: Automatically carry a body after a successful assassination.
- Assassin Slide: Slide into enemies and knock them off balance while sprinting.
- Power Stroke: Trigger a speed boost on the long ship at the cost of stamina.
- Arrow Looter: Eivor has a greater chance of looting arrows from archers.
- Fight Ready: Always start a fight with an adrenaline-filled slot.
- Long Ship Brace: When you are in command of the long ship, the crew will raise their shield with you.
Finally, this title update also brings a number of bug fixes and performance improvements to Valhalla. While there are too many items to mention here, you can expect tweaks to the graphics, audio, and AI, as well as the resolution of a number of progression-blocking quest bugs. You can check out the full rundown here, complete with some meme-filled patch notes.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, and Windows PC.