Apex Legends update includes nerfs for the Spitfire and Bocek bow
Respawn Entertainment has pushed a new update live for Apex Legends that makes adjustments to the Spitfire and newly introduced Bocek Bow.
To start with, the Spitfire has received a nerf to its per bullet damage and magazine size when using a Purple/Gold magazine. While the Bocek has its max charge body damage and ammo inventory stack size decreased as well as a slight increase in charge up time. Read the full patch notes below:
Server + Client Patch
- Fixed an error that was preventing players from logging in (“Array index 1 is out of range”)
- Arenas matches will now end if there are no players left on the enemy team
- Arenas should now track “time survived” more consistently
- Arenas should no longer display the “Apex Legends” screen transition with incorrect textures sometimes
- Fixed low detail player models in the lobby. Goodbye derpy blob Legends, you will be missed
- Valkyrie’s passive no longer highlights players that are not alive and/or in spectator mode
- Bloodhound will no longer be able to see tracking markers for Valkyrie while she’s using her jet pack. This is a temporary measure done to improve stability—we’ll look to restore this in a future patch
- Addressed an error with the Stats page which was triggered by switching back and forth between Arenas stats and Battle Royale stats
- Valkyrie bundle promo image now properly directs players to the in-game store
- General stability improvements
- Spitfire adjustments:
- Per bullet damage decreased from 19 > 18
- Purple/Gold mag size reduced from 55 > 50
- Bocek adjustments:
- Max charge body shot damage decreased from 70 > 60
- Charge up time increased from 0.54 > 0.56
- Deadeye’s Tempo charge up time increased from 0.32 > 0.38
- Stack size decreased from 16 > 14, inventory slot count decreased from 48 > 28
The developer has also kicked off a new Arena Flash event. During the week-long event, players can earn Battle Pass Stars, crafting mats, and Apex Packs by earning points from Arena-based challenges.
In other news, Season 9 of Apex, known as Legacy, got underway last week. This latest season brought with it the 3v3 Arena mode, the new Bocek bow, emotes, map changes for Olympus, and more.
Apex Legends is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.