Apex Legends’ Peacekeeper has been nerfed
Respawn Entertainment has pushed a new server patch live for Apex Legends that nerfs the Peacekeeper shotgun.
The update decreases the bolt hit size for the Peacekeeper and EVA-8 to make it harder to land high damage shots and increases the shot spread of the Peacekeeper to reduce its damage range. Finally, pellet spread for the final precision choke level has been increased to again reduce full damage range.
Read the full patch notes below:
- Decreased bolt hit size for Peacekeeper and EVA-8 (bolt
- Our goal here is to make it harder to land full chunks of damage while still making sure shots continue to feel consistent.
- Increased shot spread for Peacekeeper
- We want to preserve its bursty fantasy of precision and snapshots, as well as its playmaking potential but felt that it’s been too strong at range so we’ve increased shot spread meaning that now players need to get closer in order to do full 100+ damage blasts with the Peacekeeper.
- Increased spread on final Precision Choke level
- This reduces the range that you can do full damage with a fully charged Precision Choke shot.
In other news, Respawn recently released a new skin for Pathfinder based on BD-1 from Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Simply log into the game before January 14th to claim it for free.
Apex Legends is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.