Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Switch update is full of balance changes
A new update has been submitted to Nintendo for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night that contains numerous balance changes and a few bug fixes.
According to 505 Games’ global brand manager Roberto Piraino, the update will be pushed live as soon as it has been approved. However, he added that the previously promised performance improvements will not be included.
“The teams continue to work on input delay, stability, and optimization,” Piraino said in a Kickstarter update. “We’re not ready to release these improvements just yet, but we’ll be sharing more information in the coming weeks.”
As for what is included, the upcoming update will decrease the power of the Flying Edge, Rhava Bural, and Rhava Velar weapons, as well as several Shards. In addition, the Dullahammer Head Familiar has been nerfed, the drop rate of Monster Fur has been increased, and the HD Rumble issues have been addressed. Check out the full patch notes below:
- Map quest markers no longer showing when target has been killed
- HD Rumble issues in certain areas fixed
- Familiar upgrade via Grade was nerfed
- Increased strength based on level
- Dullahammer Head has been nerfed
Shard Adjustments (Decreased Power)
- Riga Storaema
- Flame Cannon
- Straight Arrow
- Chase Arrow
- Heretical Grinder
- Circle Ripper
- Shooting Dagger
- Riga Dohin
- Welcome Company (nerfed significantly – starting from 3 portraits instead of 5)
Weapon Adjustments (Decreased Power)
- Flying Edge
- Rhava Bural
- Rhava Velar
Enemy HP Increases
- Dullahammer Head
- Increased the drop rate of “Monster Fur” from Simians
- Text corrections
- Map close button has been remapped to standard exit/close button
- Marker button has been changed
- Trail display button has been changed
- Map scroll speed improved
- Zoom in and out improved
- Zoom level retained when reopening the map
- Auto-center when opening the map
Finally, Piraino mentioned that the reported Xbox One bug that prevents the “Overlord” achievement from unlocking will be addressed within the next two weeks.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Matt is one of the longest-serving members of the EGMNOW team. An ability to go many hours without sleep and a quick wit make him ideal for his role as associate editor at EGMNOW.com. He often thinks back to the days when the very idea of this career seemed like nothing but an impossible dream.